The Best Banana Oat Muffins you will ever try!
When someone made these for me I was super skeptical I would ever like them. Advertised as having no processed sugar, no flour and almost no fat.. I was thinking it wouldn’t be something I would enjoy... Boy was I wrong. This recipe is so easy and healthy and is truly a perfect snack or light breakfast option. Let’s be real, I also have eaten these as an afternoon snack as well!
The sugar is substituted with honey, so they are not overly sweet and the main substance are the oats – which are packed full of fiber and protein (17grams of protein for every 100 grams). Remember, Honey has a lower GI value than sugar, meaning that it doesn’t raise blood sugar levels as quickly as refined sugar. Honey is also sweeter than sugar, so you can use less of it.
The other great thing about this recipe is you can make it your own. Feel free to play around with the ingredients. Maybe add a little more honey or a different filling. I played around with this for a few weeks and found the perfect way that suits my taste and nutritious lifestyle.
2.5 Cups Old Fashioned Oats (Quick Oats)
1 Cup Plain low fat Greek yogurt
½ Cup Honey
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 Ripe bananas
1 tsp cinnamon
Blue Berries – as many as you like!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners (Foil or silicone)
3. Place the Oats in a bowl
4. Add all other ingredients (except the blueberries) into an electric mixer and process for about 10 seconds
5. Process until it is mixed together and a smooth consistency
6. Add the batter to the bowl of oats and mix well until all oats are coated and it becomes a sludgy mixture – mix in the cinnamon at this step too
7. Divide the batter among the muffin tins
8. Add as many blue berries to each muffin as you like on the top – I like to squish mine in a little so the juices flow into the muffins
9. Bake for about 25 minutes
I set the timer for 10 minutes and then turn the muffin tray around, cook another 10-15 minutes or until the color on top is a light golden brown