Zesty Cilantro Lime Chicken
When trying to eat clean, it’s easy to get bored with the constant rotation of chicken dinners. I love finding new, easy-to-make chicken dishes that are packed with flavor. This tropical, slightly-barbecued chicken dish is a perfect addition to your recipe box. Looking for a way to meal-prep? Make a big batch of this recipe and use throughout the week on top of salads or in sandwich wraps!
· 3 lbs chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
· 1/3 Cup olive oil
· 6 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 Tbsp honey
· 2 limes juiced and zested
· ¼ Cup cilantro, finely minced
· 2 Tbsp chili powder
· 1 tsp salt
· ½ tsp pepper
1. In a large bowl mix the olive oil, garlic, honey, zest & lime juice, cilantro, chili powder, salt and pepper
2. Add the chicken thighs to this delicious marinade and stir to coat well.
3. Marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator
4. Heat a large cast-iron pan (a non-stick frying will also work) over a medium-high heat
5. Add in the chicken thighs in a single layer, so they are not touching
6. Cook for about 6 minutes each side until the chicken thighs are cooked through. (The internal temperature should be at 165 degrees F)
Try serving this with a side of coconut rice and roasted brussels sprouts. Drop me a line and let me know how you like it.